This course is intended for pediatric surgeons from all over the world, to learn and practice pediatric surgery. It has been structured to provide both didactic lectures and 3 intensive hands-on sessions.
More than 5,000 surgeons come to Strasbourg every year to get familiar with laparoscopic and minimally invasive surgery, to meet prominent international experts and practice on live tissue in the completely renovated operating room equipped with 20 laparoscopic units.
IRCAD is aware of the constant evolution of minimal access surgery.
The COURSE OBJECTIVES of this Pediatric Surgery Course are:
• to provide indications for surgical treatment and discuss operative complications
• to highlight technicalities of surgical interventions through the broadcasting of videos
• to allow discussion between the experts and the surgeon trainees
• to provide hands-on sessions to improve skills in laparoscopic surgery through practice on live tissue under experts’ tutorials
• to describe postoperative clinical results and practical applications of evidence-based clinical medicine
The EDUCATIONAL METHODS of this Pediatric Surgery Course are:
• Interactive theoretical and video sessions between faculty and course participants
• Hands-on training on live tissue (mini-pigs) in experimental lab
Join us! Our staff will be delighted to look after you during your stay at IRCAD !