Located within the compounds of Strasbourg’s University Hospital, the IRCAD minimally invasive surgery training center has acquired an international reputation over the past 20 years. Each year, the institute welcomes over 4000 surgeons from more than 100 countries.
A pool of 800 international experts, key opinion leaders in their surgical specialties, supervise the IRCAD courses.
The IRCAD is equipped with an experimental lab dedicated to training in laparoscopic surgery. The lab has 20 operating tables linked to one another by a multimedia system.
The IRCAD’s audiovisual equipment is exclusively HD: the auditoriums, conference rooms, the operating rooms of Strasbourg’s hospital, as well as the institute’s experimental labs.
The Advanced Course “New Perspectives in Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery” is intended for HBP surgeons from all over the world, to learn and practice hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery.
The COURSE OBJECTIVES of this Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery Course are:
• to cover a broad spectrum of surgical procedures in hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery
• to provide indications for surgical treatment and discuss operative complications
• to highlight technicalities of surgical interventions through the broadcasting of pre-recorded live procedures
• to allow discussion between the operators and the surgeon trainees
• to provide hands-on sessions to improve skills in laparoscopic surgery through practice on live tissue under experts’ tutorials
• to describe postoperative clinical results and practical applications of evidence-based clinical medicine
The EDUCATIONAL METHODS of this New Perspectives in Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery Course are:
• Interactive theoretical and video sessions between faculty and course participants
• Live and pre-recorded live operative demonstrations
• Hands-on training on live tissue (mini-pigs) in experimental lab
Join us! Our staff will be delighted to look after you during your stay at IRCAD!